Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Friday, October 29, 2010

Not my way but God's way

I seriously thought that this post would be an exciting post with wedding pictures of Keith and I. Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful brisk fall morning when we married at 10:30 am at Huffman Baptist Church on Saturday, October 29th, 2005.

Instead of posting pictures, my heart is saddened to say that my beautiful Grandma Dison went to Heaven yesterday. She was such a special person and I loved her so dearly! Instead of celebrating our anniversary, we are celebrating the life of my Grandma!

She was rushed to the hospital yesterday morning with a very low blood pressure and being unresponsive. She stabled out and they planned to admit her but we feel the aneurysm got her. Mom said that she was waiting on a cat scan and complained that her stomach was hurting really bad. It wasn't too long after that and she was gone.

We rushed to the hospital to find out that she had already gone. I will never forget walking in the ER and seeing my mom and dad standing in Grandma's room. I looked to catch a glimpse of Grandma and instantly knew that she had gone. I absolutely fell apart!!

God placed some very important people at the hospital yesterday. It was so amazing to see God's good works in such a hard time. To preface my story, Mom and Aunt Irene were the only ones at the hospital with Grandma. Dad had gone back to work and Uncle Rudy had gone to the dentist. We all had the understanding that she was stable - and she was. A very important member of Huffman Baptist was also in the ER. Because of that, Ron, the new pastor of Huffman and Larry Smith, the adult pastor of Huffman and Pat Ray were there. I am very fortunate to say that they were with Mom right after Grandma passed. They knew when I walked into the room with mom, I think because they heard me crying. Ron was the first one that I saw and of course I cried on his shoulder. (Hello, you don't know me well but I'm crying on your shoulder!) Then I cried on Larry's shoulder. It was a comfort to have them with us. Chris Howell also came in the hospital to be with us also. Chris is always been faithful to visit with Grandma and the family each time she has been in the hospital. It was only fitting to have him there with us. He was wonderful to stay until Grandma left.

So, it looks like we will be celebrating my Grandma's life on Sunday - which is Halloween. That was not my plan to do on Halloween but it is not like I have much of a choice. My cousin Amanda pointed out that their must be a heck of a reunion going on in Heaven. My Grandpa Dison died 32 years ago so I know that Grandma was excited to see him and I know that he welcomed her with open arms!!

The picture I posted on my blog is of my Grandma holding Noah when he was about 3 weeks old. This was the first time that she had met him. I am so thankful for this picture. I knew that I would be!

Please keep our family in your prayers, especially over the next few days!! We love all of you!!

~Randi, Keith and Noah and the whole Dison family

No comments:

Post a Comment