Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I think I fell off the face of the planet....

...and I'm sure you think I did. Wow.I was blogging every day there for a while and now it has been 3 weeks, almost a month since I have blogged. - Goodness. So, where do I begin???

Life has been, well, a little crazy latey. I have been out of town more in the last month than ... ever, it seems like. I was in Gatlinburg in March with mom and dad's church, then 2 weeks later in Mobile with Meghan, Dorinda and Jonica and then the next week in South Carolina for Esther's wedding. I spent more weekend nights in a hotel room in a month then I did at my house. That has got to be some kind of a record. Ok, no not really but it sure is a record for me.

Mobile was pretty incredible. My sisters, Meghan and I did something that we have never done before in our lives. It was a wonderful first of many to come! We left after work and school that Friday and headed South on 65. My sweet Meghan graduates from high school in a short 5 weeks. I can not believe it. I am in such disbelief! She has decided to attend the University of South Alabama. USA was having a college preview day and she was just dying to show Jonica and I the campus - so, off we went! It is such a beautiful campus. I am really excited for her (and jealous at the same time. A good jealous, might I add!!) I never experienced the "going off to college" so I am thrilled that Meghan will be. I do worry about her. It will be such an adjustment for all of us. I just pray that she finds good Christian friends, and great Christian roommate and all that goes with it!! I pray that she does really well down there!!

Last weekend was the FIRST TIME ever that both Keith and I left Noah. Believe it or not, we actually did really good. I think being gone the other weekends helped me, but then it was hard to be gone again. I was so honored to be standing with Esther on her wedding day. We had a blast! Keith and I headed to Greenville, SC on Friday. Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with Esther, Sarah (her sister), Ava and Max (Esther's amazing kids), her friend, Hope and her Dad and Step-Mom. We headed for the rehearsal and then to Esther's house for dessert. Esther asked Keith and I to stay at her houseFriday night and I am so glad that we did. It gave Esther and I more time to enjoy each others company! I will add.... Esther's neighbor has a rooster. Yes, you read that right. A rooster! The rooster started crowing about 4:30 AM and did not stop until after I got out of bed at 8:30. In the city of Greenville, a pet rooster. The FRIENDS episode with the chicken and the duck and the chicken is going through some "changes" and it starts crowing and wakes Rachel up -- yeah, that's what I felt like. It is so funny -- only Esther can get away with living by someone with a rooster!

The day continued with a much needed girls trip to the spa. We enjoyed AMAZING facials and hair appointments. It was so much fun being the one that got pampered. I did not know how to act. The wedding was beautiful, of course. The reception --- oh my gosh, was wonderful. We were greated at The Lazy Goat with horsdeurves and champagne. It was a true cocktail hour. Dinner was served - it was almost a 3 course dinner. We had a wonderful salad then the main entree. Of course, dessert was a wonderful red velvet, absolutely beautfiul wedding cake. Keith did manage to take some pictures for me, so I will post them when I get them from him ... which may be never!! :-(

Life is over all pretty good right now. We have a beach trip coming up in May so we are looking forward to it. Keith has sent in his resume to a local place -- we are really praying hard for this one. It would be TOO PERFECT!!! Please keep us in your prayers that this may be the answer. I know that he has started getting discouraged, but he must press forward. He has sent his resume to at least 50 different Baptist Associations in the Southeast. He has gotten several phone calls, several emails but nothing is panning out. We feel that we are where God needs us but we are not sure about the job situation. Something must change, so we continue to pray!!!

We hope you are doing good. We would love to hear from you. Leave us a comment and tell us how you are!!

Much love to you!

~Randi, Keith, Noah, Maggie & Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment