Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Unfinished Story

Hi My Friends!!
I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks and I have truly missed my blogging time. Crazy, I know... but for some reason I have found a true love with blogging and it has bothered me that I have not been able to write. Work has gotten VERY busy (thank goodness!) and our internet at work is not working right so our internet usage is limited to business only!

I've had a post thought on my brain and heart for a couple of weeks now but just have not had the time to share it. Keith and I often get into deep conversations, as I guess most married couples do. It is no secret that God has called Keith and I into the ministry. I say "I" because as Pastor Ron says, God calls the wife to minister as well. I have truly felt this calling lately - and I am VERY excited about. I really am. Again, my issue is PATIENCE! I have none! Zero. Zilch. Nada! My momma will tell you that I have always wanted what I wanted yesterday ... and if it is something that I really want, then I will do nothing until I get it. Sadly, she is correct. The good thing is once I put my mind to it, it will be accomplished! But this is a totally different situation. I am SO ready for Keith and I to be in a church, whether it be here in Birmingham or in Texas (I say Texas because that is really as far away that I want to think about being.) I am ready to be there. I don't know where God will have us land, but I am ready!!!

Keith and I recently moved our membership back home, to Huffman Baptist, and God is doing glorious things for us there now. We are prayerfully considering starting a new Sunday School class for "our age" - those who do not fit in with the college and career but those who do not fit into the Young Adult 3 group. Don't get me wrong, we love the people of Young Adult 3 - but for someone who is fresh out of college does not belong in a SS class with 36 year olds with 2 kids. Personalities do not fit. Keith and I learned so much about each other when we were at CrossPoint in a SS class with 15 couples our age, in the same points in life we were in. It makes a huge difference in not only your Christian walk with Christ, but also in our marriage. We learned that there were other couples who struggled daily in their marriage. DO NOT GET ME WRONG -- Keith and I did not and do not have marital struggles, but every marriage struggles in finances at some point or personality conflict, or "he doesn't put the toilet seat down in the bathroom". It was comforting to know that other marriages also have hard times!

Keith is fully involved in Children's Church and Children's Choir, I am on the newly formed Women's Ministry team - and loving it and Noah is having a blast playing with Jake at church each Sunday. He has recently learned how to give his offering each Sunday -- it is SO precious watching him give Mrs. Linda his envelope each Sunday. I am honored to be able to teach him this.

I say all this to say this ... who knows where we will be this time next year. Who knows where we will be in 6 months. God knows! Keith and I keep telling each other to be positive each day. We had a conversation a while back talking about our ministry. I mentioned to him that I don't have an "exciting testimony", at least I thought. Keith helped me realize that I do have an exciting testimony and God is not through with it yet. He is still building it. Keith and I can not wait to minister to young couples one day to tell them our stories of failed businesses and financial struggles and the positive of overcoming it all. (Side note: we have not overcome all of it by any means - I am still paying off a business and will be for a while!!) But God is still building our story!

I went to Gatlinburg this past weekend with Mt. Calavary (mom and dad's church) and had a blast. It was 12 women, me included ready for a Women's Weekend Getaway. It was incredible. Friday night started off with a wonderful worship service and ended with Donna Gaines speaking to us. Saturday was Donna again as well as a Christian female comedian. Sunday was again, a wonderful worship service with Karen Kingsbury speaking. Both Donna and Karen did an amazing job. I sat there just amazed listening to these women. God has used them in incredible ways. Donna is the wife of a pastor of a very fast growing church and Karen is a Christian fiction novelist. I thought about this possibly could be me one day. Who knows. (I just pray that if it is, God, please give me the words to say. I don't know what I would say -- but then again, look at the length of this post. HaHa!) My point is ... my story is not finished yet. God has some INCREDIBLE things to come for me and my family. I feel it. I know it. Don't know what or where it is but I am ready to tackle it and all that is to come with it!!

Please keep us in your prayers. Please pray that Keith and I do stay positive each and every day. Please pray that God is preparing the hearts of where he will have us serve. Please pray for our hearts that they are prepared for what is to come. Pray for our families to be open and receptive - for in case it is further than Texas (haha!). Lord, we are ready. Use us as you would have us!!

In HIS Service!!

~Randi, Keith, Noah and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment