Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

I hope this b-e-a-utiful March day finds you doing well!! It is absolutely gorgeous weather here in 'Bama and I only wish I that I could be outside with my little man playing in the weather!!!

  • We've had a crazy weekend. Noah ended up sick with what we can only assume to be the FEVER VIRUS!! He "threw up" a couple of times in the middle of the night Friday night/Saturday morning but it was only really congestion that he threw up. He had 1 really bad diaper Saturday morning and then was fine the entire day. He went down for his nap about 1 pm - fought all the way down but he was told that he could not go to Shawn's birthday until he had a nap. Well, he woke up with a fever of 100 and kept the fever until last night. 48 hours with a fever was crazy. The weirdest part was he kept eating, kept drinking and kept playing. The fever never slowed him down -- just caused him to be at home a lot. So, needless to say, we sadly missed Shawn's birthday. We missed his first birthday, obviously, because Noah was only 4 days old and I was not in physical shape to go to a birthday party! I was so devastated because this was a very special birthday. 2 of Shawn's biological half siblings were there with their families and I really wanted to meet them. :-( Oh, well, hopefully next year.

  • Keith is now sick. BOO! Don't you hate it when the man is sick. Makes everything so terrible. Doesn't matter that Mommy has to keep going when she is sick but Daddy, NO! Well, he woke up in the middle of the night with a 101.? fever and it has finally dropped to the 99s. Hopefully his is just this fever virus but I am praying it doesn't stick around as long as Noah's did. Keith and I have tickets to see RAIN tomorrow night at the BJCC. This is in celebration of his birthday and this is also as close as he will ever get to a Beatles concert. So I am REALLY praying that this virus leaves his body and does not come anywhere near mine!!!

  • Keith also got an inquiry from a church but this time it is for a Youth Pastor. He is starting to wonder if God is trying to tell him something??? I did mention that I could relate to youth really well -- I mean, I think we have done a decent job since Ahmed moved in. Keith is excellent with youth boys. He had done a great job coaching a senior high basketball team at CrossPoint and the boys really respect him. I reminded him of this yesterday and he agreed and had not thought about it that way. My concern with this particular church is that it is only part time and it is a little bit of a drive from our house - so I have no idea. I don't really want to move to the "other side of town" - especially for a part time position. But I am keeping an open mind that if this is where God has us, then my heart will be softened! Keith also sent his resume in to a church that is not in our area and would require a move --- but, again, we will see!! We both feel God's calling to the ministry, we just have to figure out where and what it is. I know that God has great things in store for us and our ministry. We are very excited about it and ready to get moving on it!!

  • I have started a new adventure today --- not sure where or how far it will go!! I saw a new direct sales jewelry company is making their debut this month and people can sign up to be a consultant for FREE!! No parties, no inventory, just your website. So, I signed up. Just thought what did I have to loose?? Nothing!! The company is Bamboo Pink and my website is www.bamboopink.net/randi. Check it out and see what you think. There are no prices or individual products on there yet. If you think you might be interested in selling, there is a link on my website and you can be in my "downline". I know that we will have so much fun trying this out together!!!!

  • SO - I am addicted to THE BACHELOR if you didn't know already. I have watched almost every season since it came on. There were a couple of seasons that didn't interest me but now the producers have figured out how to keep it interesting and bringing back the next Bachelor/Bachelorette from the previous season. It really keeps my interest going. I spend each Monday night narrating the episode via email for my cousin, Angie. She is a country music dj in North Carolina and her show is bright and early in the morning so she can not stay up that late to watch every episode. I have SO much fun giving my input on the show for her to use in her own show. I only wish I could listen to her to see what she has to say! :-) I was SO happy to see Ashley leave last night. She definitely grew on me through the season but she was not my favorite pick for Brad. I was very happy that the finale comes down to Chantel O and Emily. Emily is by far my favorite pick but I do think that Chantel will make the better choice for Brad. Emily is so sweet and so precious and SO beautiful but I am not sure that their lifestyles will click. Chantel -- I can definitely see her packing up and moving to Austin and starting a new life there. It is very obvious that she comes from money so I am sure that she can easily move. I know Emily has some money too - it is kind of obvious considering who the grandparents of her daughter are!! Um, can we say multi, multi MULTI billionaires! Not millionaires but BILLionaires!!

I guess I have bored you enough with tidbits of life!! Ahmed has a soccer game this afternoon so Noah and I will be headed to Shades Valley to yell "GO BLUE" and "Yea #7"!! Noah has his 2 year "well baby check up scheduled for Friday -- I will be excited to see how big my baby has grown in 2 years and hear what his expected size will be!!!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your afternoon!!!
 
~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment