Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This Supermom is TIRED

Do you ever get SO tired of playing Supermom?? I feel so guilty for wanting just 1 day to myself. Don't get me wrong -- I love my little buddy with all of my heart and would not trade one thing for him. I am not even sure how I lived life without him. Keith and I often talk that we are not sure we could do it that perfect again. But this momma is exhausted. I am so tired of doing for everyone that I want someone to do for me. Again - don't get me wrong, my Momma (above all) does so much for me, and like Noah, would not trade anything for her. But, wow!!!

Yesterday was a trying day! Keith woke up sick with a fever (a fever virus obviously since Noah had one) and all wives would probably agree that when the husband is sick - just go ahead and put him in the hospital. He wasn't that bad of a patient but still, just in general!! So - I had to rearrange my morning and take Noah to GiGi's house - which ran me late for work, SORRY FUN SOURCE!! I had a busy day at work - thank goodness, had to make a trip to City Hall to drop something off - but an overall good day at work. I left here at 5 going to pick up Noah. Ahmed had a soccer game at Shades Valley that was supposed to start at 5. I knew that Noah and I would be late to the game, but that was ok. Ahmed only plays the last part of the game so timing was going to work out perfectly. I have come to enjoy the soccer games, and I am slowly figuring it out but 2 - 40 minute halves with a 2 year old is quite the challenge. Noah and I got to Shades Valley about 6:15 - which should have been about 25 minutes left in the game. Boy was I wrong. I walk up and they have 35 minutes left in the first half -- we had only missed about 4 minutes of the game. Thank goodness Noah and I didn't get there at 5:30. Noah and I sat in the bleachers as long as we could - made it until 25 minutes left in the game and had to go sit in the car. It was too cold for Noah and I to sit outside - especially with Noah just getting over the fever virus! We were excited to see that Clay won 2-0. We left Shades Valley about 8 pm, went back to GiGi's house to get Maggie (aka: pretty pretty princess) and headed to Publix to get something to cook for dinner. We got home about 8:40, cooked dinner and ate and cleaned the kitchen. Then got Noah in the bed, changed the sheets on the bed and crawled in bed myself. I was exhausted. THEN, of course, it was one of those nights where Noah wakes up at 4:30 and falls back asleep in the bed with me at 6:30 - just as the alarm was going off. Go figure.

So, I am dragging today!! Keith and I have tickets to see RAIN tonight, I think I told you that yesterday, but I know that tonight will be a late night. We have soccer again tomorrow night at Spain Park and THEN IT'S FRIDAY!! Yay!!

Saturday will be spent looking at bridesmaids dresses for a bestie's wedding in April and pattern shopping for a sewing class that I go to on Monday. Still busy as a bee!!!

I know I am ranting and raving and I shouldn't be, but MAN am I down today! I keep telling myself that this is again the ENEMY working on me and I feel like I am letting him win. I read a friends blog today... she and her family have just recently became foster parents and her post talks about highs and lows to fostering, excitement from friends and family and then negative comments from friends and family. She is using this opportunity as a ministry for the kids and families of these fosters. How amazing - what a reminder it was to me to keep going. Check out Catie's blog if you would like.

I've got just another bump in the road -- I will climb this mountain and make it successfully over!!!

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment