Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kids Say the Cutest Things!!!

Keith often laughs at me because I always say "Oh, I can't wait until Noah does ____." And then when we reach that milestone Keith says "And you couldn't wait until he did ____." Somehow it always bits me. People did look at me crazy when I said I couldn't wait for Noah to walk -- it seriously made life so much easier!! My latest one was "I can't wait until Noah really starts talking." That one quickly turned to the "I can't wait until Noah really starts saying cute/funny things" --- Well, it finally happened.

Let me show you the picture first:
You might recognize this plate if you have ever been to an Applebee's Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser. Applebee's lets schools or church groups come in a wait tables at breakfast to raise money. The Clay Chalkville Band does a fundraiser each year so we loaded up and went Saturday morning since this would be our last one to support Meghan for. $5 pancakes and sausage breakfast -- not too bad. Not bad at all when you go at the end and the weather has kept people away and it becomes an all you can eat pancake breakfast!!! Noah was excited to go eat "cancakes" with Aunt Rinda, Nina and Papaw. Our plate came with an extra "cancake" and sausage for Noah. Ok - look at the plate really well before I tell you the next part. I took the 3rd pancake and 3rd sausage and put it on his plate. He looked at his plate intently. I tore apart his pancake, drizzled a little syrup on it and told him to eat. He pointed at the sausage and said "woof-woof poopie." (He calls Maggie woof-woof.)  We just died laughing. He could not figure out why Mommy had put woof-woof poopie on his plate. And when you go back and look at the picture - it really does look like "woof-woof poopie". Oh my goodness -- we had tears we were laughing so hard. Aunt Rinda prayed that the cook did not hear us!!! And needless to say -- Noah did not eat any of his breakfast!! Nina worries about him now trying to pick up "woof-woof poopie" from the back yard and eat it -- Oh, I hope not!!

So, here it was -- my son finally said his first "cutest thing" and I was so excited.

Saturday ended up being such a wonderful day!! Nina, Meghan, Noah and I left Applebees and went on an adventure. We went to the sewing place in Trussville (where my newest addiction took place) then headed to David's Bridal -- I am in Esther's wedding in 4 weeks and HAD to get my dress!!! We left David's Bridal - had a wonderful lunch at Wings (yes, I know, none of my food Saturday was on Weight Watchers) and then back to JoAnn's Fabrics. My mother, being the brilliant woman that she is, has thought of an wonderful thing --- now it is my job to take her vision and turn it into a reality. So, I have been busy learning to sew and trying to create this "thing". I'm not gonna say what it is yet because if it works, we want to market it!! OH - but I am SO excited about it!!!! That night, Momma, Meghan and I played with the sewing machine (oh, and Keith and Dad because we couldn't figure it out by ourselves). It was soon time for Noah's bath and you will never guess what he did -- HE TEE-TEED IN THE POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! Let's just say there was TONS of excitement in our house. I was thrilled -- beyond thrilled. He has not done it since but I am just going to keep trying!!!!

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment