Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Friday, February 15, 2013

Just a downer day

I feel like "Debbie Downer" today. Am I allowed to do that? I would say yes but not just because I am 9 month pregnant. I think we are ALL allowed downer days. I normally do not use nor like to use my blog as a venting place but I felt like today would be a good day to actually put my feelings and emotions out in writing. Again - I don't do that often enough either. I wish I did.

Today is Friday, February 15th. It is the date of birth of a very special man in my life. My Granddaddy. I would love nothing more for Liam to grace us with his presence today. But I've given up on that wish - especially since it is 2p already. Something drastic would have to happen quick. (Then the other side of me is not quite prepared like I would like and so that would not be good either!!) This is a day that I think about my Granddaddy for mainly the entire day. My Granddaddy was always my main man, besides my Daddy, of course. We loved to fish together, go on trips, go to the movies and just about anywhere we felt like going! It was a very hard day when he died almost 11 years ago. I wasn't quite sure how we were to continue on with life without him. It almost seems unfair to go on. And I would give ANYTHING for him to know my boys!!

Tomorrow is Noah's birthday party and I feel like a slacker momma. (Poor Baby!!) His birthday is not until the 24th of this month but I decided it was best to have his party early because of Liam. Now I am wishing I had waited until after Liam. And let me just say -- for the record -- it absolutely stinks to work for an inflatable company and not be able to use an inflatable for your son's birthday all because it is too cold outside! UGH!! I started planning Noah's party in September - yes, 5 months ago. He wanted a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party. I tried to discourage since we had already had one but there was no changing his mind. So I looked and pinned on Pintrest and marked as favorites in Etsy and just about had my game plan down. We were able to get free tickets to the Birmingham Monster Jam show in January so we took Noah. Little did I know that it would start a new phase with us. He absolutely loved it!! And in just 5 weeks, our monster truck collection has grown from 2 trucks to 12! He is obsessed - literally!! Needless to say, his party has changed to Monster Jam. (Not to be confused with just Monster Trucks in general -- it must be Monster Jam!! Grave Digger and all!!) So I went back to the drawing board. Pinning and "Favorite-ing" Monster Jam birthday ideas. Then I got sick! Blah!! It just went downhill from there. I feel like his little party has been thrown together, nothing executed as this planner momma had visioned. I told myself that it wouldn't matter because we still had the moonwalk -- that is until the weather people reported an "Arctic blast" of cold air for February 16th. There was even talk of the "S" word but I think it is extreme North Alabama. So, we had to cancel the moonwalk and now it will just be a party in the house I guess. Nothing special. Nothing fancy. I am very thankful for a huge playroom downstairs because I guess that's where the kids will play. As of Tuesday morning I had no clue what I was even going to do for a cake for his party. (Seriously, slacker momma here!!) Aunt Jonica and Ree Ree both offered to help wherever they could. Aunt J has been really sick so I was afraid to ask her - honestly! Ree Ree offered to make cupcakes for us just after I decided to do little chocolate bunt cakes as "big tires". The kids will each get to decorate their own tire. I think it will be a fun activity for the little ones. It will end up being a good party, I have no doubt. Just hate it when my plan doesn't follow through.

So what am I doing now? I am looking at Pintrest and Etsy and planning Noah and Liam's birthdays. I HAVE to make up to Noah next year for his big 5th birthday and it will be Liam's 1st. They must be done correctly! (Yes, I think it is an illness that I have. HAHA!) I've convinced Noah to have an airplane birthday and we will have his party at the Southern Museum of Flight. Noah and I decided that Liam needs a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday. By the way, there is some super precious Hungry Caterpillar birthday stuff out there. I think I do need to start planning now and start buying now! HAHA!!!

I think I have vented enough for one day. I'm gonna cheer up, finish out this work day and go meet my boys for dinner and birthday party shopping.

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment