Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Monday, November 22, 2010

My Parenting Place



Well, as you can tell, it has been a couple of weeks since I have done a blog post. Let's just say things have been a little crazy!! The story that I have for this post happened almost 2 weeks ago. I completely planned on posting that Friday after it happened but Momma called me and told me that Noah had fallen and hit his nose on the futon so I headed home from work and didn't have a chance to blog. Then, I had jury duty again last week -- but I will save that for another post! LOL!

I decided that since Keith had basketball practice that Thursday night that Noah and I would head to Dollar Tree and then get some dinner. I completely planned on us going to dinner together but that didn't happen.

The picture above is Noah pushing the buggy at Dollar Tree. You can tell that he is "Mr. Independence" - hum, I wonder where he gets that from! LOL! SO, we are walking through Dollar Tree and he is pushing the buggy because he would not let me. He kept pushing my hands away from the buggy and saying "NO". He is so strong willed - just like I was - and yes, I will definitely pay for my raising! Dad says that I already am!

I directed my child to the toy section of the store. I saw no reason why we couldn't go home with a couple of prizes from the dollar store. We went home with play dough and a new truck. Here is where I got put into my "Parenting Place" - He was looking at something and a little girl came up wanting to look at whatever it was Noah was looking at. She was probably 5 or 6. Her Daddy told her to wait her turn so she stepped back and watched Noah as she waited her turn. I noticed what was happening and told her dad, "it doesn't matter - it's fine. He's not looking at anything serious." Not thinking what I had done, he very politely said, "No, she needs to learn to wait her turn." I had NEVER thought about it. I just corrected this child and told her to go against what her Daddy had told her to do. Wow. How wrong was I? I have listened each time in any store since then and have noticed so many people doing this. People have even corrected my own child telling him something against what I have told him to do. We do this every day not realizing what we are doing. I know that this father did not intend it the way that I took it, but I will say that I will not correct another child like that. He did make me think!

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment