Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving with an ALL NIGHTER!!!

I hope you had a VERY Happy Thanksgiving. We had a great day filled with family and laughter. I would have LOVED to have been able to visit with one other person (well, actually there are MANY people that I would have loved to visit) but she has having the BEST Thanksgiving celebration ever. And there is no better place to have a Thanksgiving meal then to be at the table with Jesus Christ. I did make a stop to visit Grandma on my way to Nanny's house. Yep, there she was, right where we left her! :-) It would not have been Thanksgiving if I could not have at least said HI to her.

Ok - on to my actual post before I upset myself! Our day was great. Couldn't have been any better. Well, Noah could have not been coughing and eaten better but we had a good day. We had lunch at GiGi's and GrandDanny's house with Keith's family. We had such a wonderful spread of food. So yummy! Keith and I headed to K-Mart with Jennifer and Paul while the boys napped - or so we thought were napping! Then it was off to Leeds to see Nanny. Aunt Donna, Uncle John and Nick and Sarah had come into town for the weekend and it was great to spend time with them. I felt like I chased Noah all over Nanny's house. One of Dad's Leeds Police Officer friends came by for some dessert. As he was leaving he played with the lights for Noah and Shawn to see. Shawn totally understood what he was seeing but Noah was amazed looking at the lights. Papaw is trying to teach Noah police cars, fire trucks, and lights and sirens. Uncle John played his annual "Charlie Brown" song for me. I was SO proud! Then Noah and Shawn sat in Uncle John's lap and helped him play the piano. SO precious!!!


We were all exhausted from a wonderful day of family! But our day did not end there! Dorinda, Meghan, Jonica and I headed out at 11:30 pm for Black Friday shopping. Our first stop was Walmart in Trussville. That was such a big mistake and will never be done again! We quickly left there and headed to the Walmart in Springville. I was trying to get Noah a Jeep for $88 but was too late at both places. I settled for a Buzz Lightyear car for him. Keith is still pleased with my purchase! Dorinda was trying to get Meghan a 19" Flat Screen for $98 but it did not go on sale until 5 am. We had a long time to wait. We headed to Waffle House at 2 to eat dinner/breakfast and then back to Walmart for part 2. Poor Meghan, she got a ticket for her tv at 2:45 and was guaranteed one but she had to wait in line until 5. She sat in the plumbing aisle for over 2 hours! Jonica stood propped on the pallet of the item she wanted for Shane and then Dorinda ended up sitting in the car section for a GPS for Meghan. I walked between all 3 of them, sitting with Meghan a good portion of the time. As I walked, I looked for the Jeep that I wanted. Low and behold - I spot one. I got to it and it was the pink Barbie jeep. URG - not the right one. Dorinda and Jonica said that I should get it and paint it, but um, NO! I did end up buying my Christmas present though. I "on a whim" bought a sewing machine. I text messaged Keith 3:30 am saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!" He responded 2 hours later with a HEHEHE! I am so excited about it. I have had this "itch" to learn to sew but didn't have a machine. Walmart had this one on sale for $50 - and it is a name brand machine. So, you will have to keep up with my blog to see my Sewing Creations. Maybe I will do good enough one day to sell it - HA, yeah right! Unfortunately the homemade girl clothes are so much cuter than the boy clothes but we don't have any girls in our family. I guess my besties little girls will be my testers!!


Well, the picture is what the jeep looked like when we got back to my house. It was packed to the max. Not quite as good as my last Black Friday shopping trip with Dorinda and Julie in 2006. I came home with a Christmas Tree, portable dvd player and a video camera. Julie's van was even more packed. But I have enjoyed Black Friday shopping. Hopefully this will be a new tradition for my sisters and niece! We had a blast -- lots of wonderful memories made!


Oh - gotta tell this story but Meghan will kill me. (Ha - this will be a test to see if she reads my blog!!) Jonica gave up on us at 6 am and headed home. Meghan got in the jeep with us (once we made room for her) and we headed to Michael's in Trussville to get Dorinda's Cricet machine - Happy Birthday to Rinda!! I left there and headed to Belk. Meghan fell asleep in the jeep on the way to Trussville. She woke up to go into Michael's with us but fell asleep as soon as we got back in. We headed to Belk and she opted to stay in the car. Dummy me left the key with Meghan. Fortunately I handed it to her in the back seat. We got back to the car and Dorinda knocked on the window to wake Meghan up to get the key. Meghan sat straight up and just stared at Dorinda. It was hilarious. She would not open the door. It took us about 2 minutes to get her conscious enough to open the door. We have laughed at her about that and it's even funnier that she does not remember it!


Well, my 36 1/2 hours of no sleep have caught up to me and I am now fighting sickness. Keith says that I will have to go to the doctor if I am not any better by the end of the week. Noah is still coughing but just finished a round of antibiotics last week. I am kind of hanging tight to see what his body does before I take him back. One day it sounds terrible and then fine the next day. Praying he has a good nights sleep tonight because last night was terrible. He finally fell asleep in our bed about 3 pm. He stayed there until 8:30 this morning!


Praying this sickness goes away!!!


~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment