Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Family of 3 - uh, 4 is now 4, I mean 5

That's right --- you read the title right. But I am NOT pregnant. I repeat - NOT PREGNANT!! Lol!! (And what a title for the first post of the new year --- that's a record or something!) And yes, I am including Maggie in my count above -- after all, she is our first born!

Ahmed moved in last night and we couldn't be happier to have him. We definitely have some adjusting to do but I am sure that we will settle in just right! It's a little more difficult than I expected to have someone in your home. Yes, I knew that it would be difficult, be a challenge at time, but it is totally different to think about the situation and then to actually be in it.

It was a little late when Ahmed arrived last night. Noah was running wild - or having a "Maggie Melt Down" as we call it. Actually he was avoiding the discussion of getting ready for bed! I was showing Ahmed where everything was kept, Noah walked into the bathroom with us, saw the bathtub and said "I wan bubba bath" (translation: I want a bubble bath.) So, in the "bubba bath" we went!!

Noah didn't sleep the greatest last night - of course - but Ahmed only heard him once (thank goodness). I am praying for a much better night tonight! School starts back for Noah tomorrow and school started for Ahmed today so tomorrow is back to the regular routine with a new addition to it!

Keep us in your prayers as we make this exciting transition!! I'll post some pictures (hopefully tomorrow) of our family trip to McWane Center on New Years Eve.

I hope 2011 is treating you well and I pray that it continues to bless all of us!!

Much Love!

~Randi

1 comment:

  1. We met Ahmed at the bowling alley. Sweet kid. We all called him "Bubba."

    ReplyDelete