Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Life.....

I was looking back at my blog realizing that I have not done a "life update" recently. Actually, I don't think I have ever done one, so - here it goes!

My baby boy will be 2 in 2 weeks. I can not believe it! Just 2 years ago I waddled (literally) into my store, so miserable with every step I took. Every trip to the doctor I waited to hear good news that I had progressed, but nope, didn't hear that too often! I remember begging and pleading to try to have my baby on February 15th - that was my GrandDaddy's birthday and I wanted it so bad!! The male doctor gave me all kinds of home remedies to help trigger my labor - nope, nothing worked!! But my sweet boy came on his "birth"day and I am so grateful to him. (I'm gonna do a larger, more in depth post on his birthday!)

So we are planning the big 2 birthday. He is having a barnyard birthday and I am so stinking excited!! Yes, I planned his birthday around his inflatables - what else would I do??? We are actually having 2 inflatables because we have such a mixed age of kids. The largest inflatable in the Barnyard 3/1 combo. It is a giant barn (with a slide coming out of it!!) The smaller unit is a farm toddler combo - just for the smaller kids. It has different obstacles in it, a little pit area that I plan to fill with balls and a slide. I've ordered all of the plates and napkins and decorations and favors and everything else that there is for a birthday. Aunt Rinda is helping me with the surprise goody-favors -- I'm almost more excited about those!!

My baby had a wonderful 1st birthday last year and there is not really much that I would change about it but I am definitely going all out for the 2nd birthday. Why? I'm not real sure. Maybe because I couldn't go further out last year. One thing is for sure - I am not buying birthday stuff the day of the party this year!! Noah, Keith and I all ended up with the stomach virus last year and it kept throwing off my bday shopping plans. It came down to buying what I needed the day of. I am also praying that sickness stays away from our house for this year. My mom missed Noah's first bday party because we had so graciously shared our stomach virus with her! So we are hoping and praying for a great day this year!!!

Life with Ahmed is good. He finally made a contact with his family last week and was able to skype with them last night. The German exchange student was able to make it home safely. For all of this, we are grateful!! I think he has settled in very well with us and we are so thankful to have him be a part of our lives! He learns from us every day and we learn from him!! I do chuckle at watching him learn English. Have you ever thought about explaining sinus drainage to someone?? Kind of interesting! He was sick and missed school yesterday because of some sinus issues which turned into a migraine. Keith gave him some "awesome" medicine as he said, but he still had a "headhack" when he shook his head! Boy, I just love him!! Lol! I'm still figuring out his favorite foods. Last night I cooked him yellow rice - which is very common in Egypt and I don't know if he has had it since being in America. He said "the yellow rice is awesome!" Life is about to get really crazy with soccer games -- but I am so excited about them!! He keeps calling me his "soccer mom"!!

Keith and I are still prayerfully considering another student next year - for the full school year! It's crazy to think that it is time for the applications to start rolling in for us to choose a student who will come in August. Such a wild thought to think that I am "choosing" a child almost. We must quickly decide whether we want male or female and from what country. Hum.....

We are also still praying for a position to come open for Keith. We both feel the call for him to the ministry but we are just waiting on the right door to open. I know it will in God's time. Some friends (and neighbors) of ours just relocated from Clay to New York for a church ministry position. We were so excited for them yet sad to see them leave. Stephanie put on fb one day that it is an amazing feeling to be living in God's will. What an awesome feeling!! I know that we are where we are supposed to be right now, but what a blessing to know the potential that is coming! And I tell you, Satin so often knocks at my door trying to pull me down. There have been several times that he has almost conquered me - but NO, I will not let him!! I will defeat him because I know WHO I have fighting with me!!

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment