Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Picture Perfect Marriage

Why is it so often we look at other's lives and wish and ponder "what if I had that life." I am VERY guilty of this. I read other mommy blogs and wonder what their husbands do to allow them to live where they live, to drive what they drive, to take the trips that they take, to stay home with their babies. Am I envious of them? Kind of. Kind of envious of what it appears that they have. I also read facebook and see so many husband and wives writing back and forth on each others "walls" "I love you" or "I have the greatest husband/wife in the world" or "I can't wait to see you tonight." But we never know what is actually going on. Everyone wants to paint the picture perfect life. We want everyone to think that our life is perfect - when so often, we are crumbling on the inside.

We have just recently learned of some friends who have separated from their marriage because of infidelity. We were so shocked and hurt at the same time. This would not be couple that we would expect this from. They truly painted THE picture perfect marriage. Showed affection all the time - breakfast in bed for each other, depending on who got up first, facebook comments, sweet pictures together - you could feel the love when they walked in the room. There was so much love the day they got married. It honestly made you "wish" that your significant other could be a "little more like them."

These last 2 days have truly opened my eyes. What appears on the outside may not be what is on the inside. We never know what is going on in the hearts and minds of those others. No, Keith and I do not live the perfect marriage. Though, we, like others, try to paint that picture, we are far from the perfect marriage. We may have or have had financial struggles and we may have our quarrels but I would not want to be anywhere else. I know the foundation that our marriage is built on and I can only pray that my friends marriages are built upon the same foundation.

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment