Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Monday, September 12, 2011

One Small Step for Man; One GIANT Leap for Noah!!!

We had a milestone weekend - it's been a while since we have done that! But boy was I excited!! Let's just say we now longer have a baby bed being used in our house!!!

That's right. Noah gave up his crib Saturday night. I am SO proud of my big boy! Now if I can just get him using the potty consistently and we would have it made!! We've tried the big boy bed several times with zero success. He just did not care. It was a game to him. Dr. Miller had told us it was fine to keep him in the crib until we needed the crib (HA!) or until it became an issue. Not once (thank goodness) did Noah try to crawl or climb from his crib. Yes, he could have if he wanted it, but he never tried!

So, what was the trick this time?? Honestly, it was simple! We have had his big boy bed frame in his room for about 6 months now. As you can tell, it is not the biggest space so it was quite cramped! But I pulled the mattress from the crib Saturday afternoon and when Noah fell asleep in my lap for his nap, I laid him down in the big boy bed. He napped there for almost 2 hours and woke up in his big bed. I think that was my key. We talked the rest of the afternoon about his big boy bed and he went to sleep in it that night. Fortunately he only got up once when he first went to bed. He did our usual "Mommy, I need more b's" (paci!) and then was in bed. He would always try to distract from going to sleep by asking me to get him more "b's". I would answer "ok, buddy!" and he would conveniently go to sleep after, thinking I was looking for more b's.

Yesterday, Noah, Joon and his Daddy took down the crib and stored it under Joon's bed. We officially set the big boy bed up, rearranged some things and viola! A big boy room with LOTS of room to play!! GrandDanny is working to make a bookshelf for both Owen and Noah. We are in desperate need of a bookshelf for our many books that we have scattered everywhere!

Getting Noah's crib down has just made me itch for more cleaning, organizing and rearranging of our house. Poor Keith -- I am sure this will start many projects to come!! 

Here is his bed a little closer up! He has a mixed bedroom theme going on here - Lightening McQueen and the Alphabet from his infant bedding! (Thomas and Salty are on the floor beside his bed!)

Noah and I were taking self portraits and this is what I got! He was keeping his eyes on the football game - must have been a bad play!

Then we decided to make funny faces -- but he still had to keep his eye on the game!!

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment