Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Whole New Wardrobe

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
~Colossians 3:12-14

I learned something last night -- I need a new wardrobe. A complete new set. I must be walking around naked!

Our ladies group at church has just started a new bible study -- Kelly Minter's "The Fitting Room". From one session I can already say this one will be eye opening. If you have not figured out yet but my new wardrobe will not consist of physical clothing (though I do wish!) Our character clothes us - and by character, I mean what people see on the inside of us. Sometimes what people see is also not the real clothing. I know that I am guilty (100%) of putting on a front that looks like I am this or that when honestly I may be completely broken inside.

One of the key phrases last night that was discussed was "Most of us know WHAT we should do but not HOW to do it! We need more heart TRANSFORMATION." (thanks to Mrs. Nancy for being an awesome bible study leader!) This hit me like a ton of bricks. How many of us also know what we should do but don't know how to do it and do not want to do what we have to do to have the transformation? 

God quickly threw a verse in front of my eyes last night and again, quickly showed me what I needed to change. Verse 5 of chapter 3 says:

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming."

OH, WOW!! Boy, have I been guilty of that or what?? During this "time of transition" (time of Keith without a full time job) I often look at people and wonder what it would be like to be financially sound. I know Satan has worked his magic and let my mind wonder why have things happened to people for them to get certain things? I know that made no sense whatsoever, but let me elaborate (and let me stress that I am not judging in what I am about to say!) It's no lie, Keith is looking for a full time ministry position. We know of people who this time 3 years ago were not living their lives according to Christ. Through a certain life situation, the man in that family is now serving in a church with a full time position. His wife is able to stay home with their children and all is well. My mind has to ask HOW? How in the world is it possible that this person is serving in a church before my husband. (This is where God threw this verse in my face!) It is so easy to be discouraged during this "time of transition" - a time of wondering IF when will Keith will get a full time job, where will it be, what will he be doing, etc, etc. My greed could not be any more. God is truly teaching us me a lesson. I can't tell you exactly what that lesson is right now, but I know that we will come out so much stronger on the other side.  

I am so excited to see what God will teach me through this new bible study. I am ready to wear a new wardrobe, one that is filled with "forgiveness, peace, kindness, humility, compassion, and patience, with a sassy feather of joy in our hearts." (Kelly Minter).

I'm gonna close with one last quote from Max Lucado that Mrs. Nancy gave us last night. He says "God loves you just the way you are but He doesn't want you to stay that way."

Waiting ~ Willing ~ Able


~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment