Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Introduction to AFS

Tonight is the night that I have been looking forward to since Monday. Kathy is coming over to our house to introduce us to AFS. Keith and I instantly had a million questions running through our minds and she will help answer those questions.

We have pretty much decided that now is not the time to bring someone into our home but we are interested in being an aunt/uncle to a student or even a liaison. A liaison would be a family that the student can go stay with if their host family needs to go out of town or has an emergency.

Kathy called me last night to ask if I could go onto the AFS website and officially register as a "volunteer" so that they could begin the background check on us - just in case we wanted to bring E into our home. Oh goodness, this is really happening. I never had the chance to last night, but I did it first thing this morning. When checking my email, I had a message that I have been waiting on. It was actually finally here. It was E's file - her 31 page file. I started looking through it, kind of overwhelmed at all that I was reading. Wow, she comes from a family with lots of education and who loves to travel to other countries. A million new questions started to run through my head: can we offer what she wants/needs? Would she be happy with us? Would we impress her or would she be bored? Oh goodness. So much to consider. THEN I get to her pictures. She is such a beautiful girl - very natural and simple. She is about my height, curly hair and looks like an absolutely incredible girl. Probably someone that I could learn a lot from and hopefully the same with her! Seeing her picture really put into perspective of how real this really is.

We still have so much to consider. I am praying that we will know more after talking with Kathy tonight. Keep praying for us ... this is huge!!

~Randi, Keith, Noah and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment