Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Friday, September 24, 2010

Love at first meeting

Mrs. Kathy came to our house last week to not only meet Keith and I but to introduce us to AFS. We sat and talked about involvement with AFS, what they do, how the process works, etc. I was SO excited to be talking about it. Mrs. Kathy had a special surprise with her when she got to our house. She had K with her who is from Thailand and will be staying with her and her family. K is the original boy that they wanted to live with us.

We talked in depth about E and her country and her situation where she is now. We told Mrs. Kathy that we would like to be E's liaison and have her come stay with us some weekends or any time that she wanted to. We are not ready to commit to having someone with us full time. She asked if we wanted to have E that weekend. Unfortunately we were not ready to have someone -- the house was a wreck and we didn't even have a bed for her to sleep in. Keith laughed and offered the couch, but she is my height and would not be comfortable.


We went ahead and discussed having her with us this weekend, so that would give us a week to get the house in order. We (mainly Keith) have cleaned the carpets, moved the playroom to the music room and turned the playroom back into a bedroom. I found out last night that E will not be with us this weekend. I was sad to hear the news, and not because of all of the work done, but I was truly excited to finally meet her and have her with us. Her family is out of town this weekend and she is staying with the family of a friend from school. We are praying things work out for her to move in with them if things go well this weekend. This would be an answer to prayer! My heart hurts so badly knowing that she is unhappy where she is and knowing that I can't help fix it right now.

But I do have something to look forward to ... K is going to the game with us tonight and I am SO excited! Mrs. Kathy asked if it would be ok for him to go with us and I was so delighted to have her ask. She told me this morning that he is excited as well. I have told her that he is MORE than welcome to come stay with us anytime that he would like. I would love to have him around. I felt such an instant connection the first night that he met.

I am hoping to get some pictures tonight at the game and I will post them to the blog!!

~Randi, Keith, Noah and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment