Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Is it time??

This seems to be my million dollar question right now ... is it time?

I told you that I prayed for direction and guidance for our family. I didn't tell you that I had an email from someone asking if we would consider hosting an exchange student in our home. The person who emailed me is a friend of mine but I would not say a close friend. She is not someone I talk to on a regular basis. Her mom is a representative for an organization called American Field Service, or AFS. Her job is to find homes for exchange students. She has an immediate need for 2 students, one from Thailand and one from Italy. The 17 year old boy from Thailand would be a good fit for our family but our school district will not let any new students in. The 17 year old girl from Italy would be a PERFECT fit for our family. She actually is placed in a home right now but has nothing in common with her foster sister, therefore she is not real happy. She would prefer to be in a family with smaller children (check), loves to watch sports but not necessarily play them (double check) and prefers to eat dinner between 8 pm and 9 pm - WOW, could she be any more perfect for our family?? OH, and did I mention that she is 5' 11"?? For those of you who don't know, I am 5'11". There is a slight difference in our weight, but we won't go there!! :-)

Our representative will be coming over tomorrow night to talk to Keith and I and to help answer some of our million questions that we have. I don't think E will be coming to live with us right now, though selfishly I want her here now! There is so much that I feel we need to get done in order to be prepared for a teenager in our home.

Please keep Keith and I in your prayers. This is an exciting new opportunity for us and we are thrilled to have it presented to us! It is very scary at the same time. Only God knows what will happen!! I do know one thing - this opportunity will not only bring us closer together as a family but it will bring us so much closer to God. I am SO excited about it!!  Who knows - this may even open an opportunity for Noah to go study abroad when he is in high school. How amazing would that be??

~Randi, Keith, Noah and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment