Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Monday, December 13, 2010

Close call for Santa

Jennifer text messaged me Friday afternoon saying they were taking Jake to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa and wanted to know if we would like to go. I figured out that Friday night was the best time to go so off we went. Keith and I were the last ones there because I had to work late because of a last minute order. Mom had Noah so they were there waiting on us when we got there. I brought him his new church shoes, khaki pants, white button up shirt and his adorable navy blue sweater. He looked so preppy!! I was so proud of him. We waited and waited and waited -- at least 45 minutes in line. Jennifer told me that the lady behind her had an extra pass for 7 pm -- meaning we had a ticket that gave us the opportunity to jump in line at 7 and see Santa without having to wait in the really long line. 7 rolled around and we waited. The "elf" told us that Santa had to "feed the reindeer" at 7 before he could see any other kids (ie: Santa needed a potty break.) So, we waited some more. Papaw entertained Noah best he could while Jennifer and I stood in line. They started moving us up in the line so Papaw brought Noah over to me. He did so good standing right there beside me. He wanted me to pick him up, which I did, and he put his head on my shoulder, tucked his arms and tried to put his butt in the air. This is the true sign that he is ready for bed/nap or is really tired. I knew that he must be tired because he and Nina had driven all over creation all day and he only took a 45 minute nap in the car. We are going to step forward in the line, Noah raises up, looks at me and throws up all over me and him. It was slow motion. I froze like I had no idea what to do. Off we headed to the bathroom --- my brain was not thinking. I had no idea at that moment what to do or what I was going to do. He kept throwing up on the way to the bathroom and I (like an idiot) tried to catch it in my hand. Like that was gonna help at this point!! Jennifer told Gena what had happened and fortunately she came to help me out. I have no idea where Mom and Dad had gone. Couldn't find them! (Called them on the cell phone as we were trying to leave and they had gone upstairs shopping. They did walk out with us as we left.) We changed his clothes - fortunately we had the original outfit in the bag. I was out of luck. It was all over me. Fortunately I also had a sweater on so I could take the sweater off and had my shirt underneath. We got him clean and then the thought of "How am I gonna get him home" ran through my head. Ah - a cup!! We begged the guys for a cup (aka: bucket) to help us on the ride home. I just knew we were fighting the stomach bug again. Twice in one year is not fair!! Poor thing was sick again before we walked out of Bass Pro, again in the car on the way home and then a couple more times at home. We were very thankful for our cup - though I am sure Noah will never drink out of a styrofoam cup again! He would see me hold the cup, push it away and say "NO". He was only sick about 2 hours and didn't throw up any more. I told GiGi that I was not sure if it was viral or not. He and I both did run a low grade fever Saturday morning but it was gone that afternoon. I never got sick but didn't have an appetite. We did head on to Tammy's house for the Dison family Christmas - and I am so glad that we did. Yes, I did ask permission from the family and everyone said it would be fine!

We did have to laugh though -- not really, but we did!! If Santa had not gone to "feed the reindeer" there is a strong chance that Noah would have been in his lap during his "incident". OR - if Noah had waited about 5 more minutes (not that he could help it) Santa would have been in trouble! We laughed at the part that Bass Pro Shop and Santa would not have forgotten Noah!! And oh, not to mention the Mommies that had been standing in line forEVER waiting to see Santa. That would not have been good!! LOL! Oops!! Poor baby would not have been able to help it, but poor baby would have never lived it down either!! See, it is kind of funny when you think about it! Gotta find some humor in it because I almost cried at Bass Pro. Good thing did come out of it --- I am no longer afraid of throw up! AND - you know that you are initiated as a mother when your child throws up all over you and you don't have extra clothes for the ride home! Yuck!!

Thanking the Lord Noah is better and praying Keith and I don't come down with it,

~Randi, Keith, Noah & Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment