Message

Welcome to My Mommy Thoughts. I originally created this blog to document our lives hosting foreign exchange students in our home but I quickly discovered a passion for writing and blogging. This blog has become a little bit of everything.

So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!

~Randi

Me and My Hubby

Me and My Hubby

My Loves

My Loves

The Princess - Maggie

The Princess - Maggie

The Ruler - Who Dey

The Ruler - Who Dey

Friday, December 17, 2010

Flash Back Friday --- HOME SWEET HOME

In trying to keep with my "Flash Back Friday", I decided to stay in chronological order. Next after our engagement was buying a house. We knew from the time we got engaged that we wanted to buy a house - Lord willing. We kept our options open and looked at apartments, even touring one, and even looked at townhouses. In all that we looked at, we still wanted a house. Our game plan was to buy in the late summer to give us time to get ready for October. Momma Gena and I drove through a neighborhood on the way home from Jennifer's bridal shower in February. It was obviously dark but we liked the neighborhood. A week later we drove through it again, this time with GrandDanny and Keith. They had several houses that were built and open for visits. We walked through several and really liked the floor plans. We REALLY liked the kitchen in one of them but did not like the driveway area.

We moved over to another street and found another open house that was a different type of floor plan. This one was a story and a half - 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a loft area. It was a house after my own heart - it had stairs and the master bedroom was upstairs. I have sense had a change of heart on the stairs and my bedroom being upstairs!! We walked in and Keith immediately went upstairs. I instantly felt at home in this house and I remember thinking that I was going to savor looking at the house. I wanted to take it all in. Momma Gena and I walked through the living room and into the kitchen. I remember walking back into the living room with Keith yelling down "If you come upstairs you will buy this house immediately!" I walked upstairs and fell in love with the loft area. (Ha - if you looked at the loft area now you wouldn't think I liked it too much! Hopefully that will change soon!!)

We obviously loved the house, put a contract on the house later that week and closed March 31st. It took longer on the mortgage stuff than we expected and took a while to finish the few little details in the house. So we closed March 31st, took immediate possession and I moved in April 23rd. Keith moved in October 29th though he didn't stay there until after our honeymoon. I think he had spent 2 nights in the house prior to the wedding when I was out of town for work.

Here are a few pictures from the house the day we put the contract on it. They aren't good pictures but they work for what I want. I never did any "after" pictures --- guess I should do that one of these days!!

This is the back of the house

Back patio

Front door -- into the living room area

Living Room from the loft

 Stairs to the loft and master bedroom 

Looking up at the loft
Me, Jennifer, Laura (our friend and realtor) and Paul

Kitchen to the Garage
(see me walking in the backyard)

 This is why we bought the house ---
This is our view from our driveway. Let me tell you, it is beautiful
when covered with snow. Papaw always looks out for deer in the back.
He wants to cover the field with deer corn and watch them feed.

Hope you have a great weekend. Ours is filled with Clay-Chalkville High School Color Guard Christmas Party at our house tonight, basketball tomorrow, Christmas shopping with the hubby tomorrow (date night!!), church Sunday morning, bridal meeting Sunday afternoon and Mom and Dad's church Christmas Cantata Sunday night. Ahmed is going with us so I am excited to introduce him to everyone!!

~Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment